Raising healthy children with a healthy weight and developing lifelong habits to prevent
Type 2 Diabetes
Working with me
1. The starting point
- Understanding your child’s growth and development
- How your food history, weight and attitude with food affects the way you feed your child and in turn nurtures a healthy eater
- Setting realistic and age appropriate expectations
2. Food 101
- Understanding food, food groups, portions sizes and self- service.
- Finding satisfactions in three meals, two snacks and warding off excess hunger.
- Understanding what is a feeding style vs feeding practice
- Learning about a feeding system that works
- Understanding the importance and nurturing self-regulation
The sessions are delivered in the context of the importance of incorporating food as essential to lifestyle and the development of lifelong healthy habits.
The aim is to demonstrate and offer strategies for integrating food behaviours with –
- Boundaries around media use
- Physical activity